When you go to the doctor, what is done is to keep up your vitals to check your health status. If those are out of order, you should run to keep them right. In the same way if you live in a church you should have the awareness of its vitals to check its healthy status. If those are out of order than it means the church is dying. We want to give you some good suggestions:
1. There is more talk of the past than of the future - When nostalgia of the past times trumps vision, than deaath is very close.
2. More effort goes into keeping people in the church than winning new people in Jesus Christ - witohout a continuous flow of new souls extinction is quiet near.
3. There is no attention for evangelism or for missions - a church who is not investing in evangelism is on the way to die.
4. The church is made up only by old people - God is for every age... if in the church you only find people who represent only a specific time of the past agony is on the way to trump.
5. There are no new emergent talents - Pastors in the plan of God continually grows new talents for the future.
The death of a church is something of extremely very sad. Here is why we should open our eyes and run to the remedials whatever some of the preeceding factors are existing in the church we are attending.
Today we always admire people who demonstrate to be strong. Strong concerning life circumstances, their way to react, their interpersonal behaviours. ... doing so we do not recognize that this is quite far from what God is telling all of us ... The law of God consider you like a clay pot. A weak pot, wh ocan be easily broken. And God starts his work from the point the pot got some fractures. Men consider it not to be worthy of nothing but God start gathering the several pieces, do not foresake them.
May be not all are aware about Kintsugi art. It consists in taking all the pieces of a broken object and glue all of them with something very precious like liquid gold. Finally, the result would be a new object, different from the last one. An obi'ject which would not probably have the same consistency of the other one, but which will be stronger and,... above of all, more precious.
Pastore Gabriele Paolini
Fasting isn’t a practice many Christians do on a regular basis. But here’s the deal. Prayer coupled with fasting is often a great source of power for the believer! Fasting strengthens our prayers. So it really is something every follower of Christ should consider including as a regular part of their lives. I know so many believers today who are slaves to their appetite for food and other physical pleasures. Fasting helps us deny those things in our lives that seek to enslave us. Fasting is also great because it helps us defeat our enemies, those spiritual forces all around us that seek to destroy our lives and our testimony for Christ.
Why else is fasting commended in the Scripture? Because it helps us discern the will of God. And, it destroys strongholds! And it isn’t just non-believers who have major strongholds in their lives. Many believers do too. And I’m talking about satanic, demonic strongholds that get rooted in our lives and riveted in our souls. Now, you may be thinking, “That may be true for some people, but not me. There aren’t any strongholds like that in my life.” Well, that could very well be true. But have you thought about the stronghold of fear? Or the stronghold of lust? Or the stronghold of anger? Think about your relationships. What one bad habit of yours causes the most damage in those relationships? If you can think of a behavior pattern or habit that’s had a history of hurting the people you love, that one thing could very well be a stronghold that Satan is using to trip you up! You’ve heard me say it before that we need to replace the bad things in our lives with the good things. And one of those good things is fasting. So why not pray about whether or not you could spend some time this week fasting? Sure, you might have to skip a meal or two. But if it will help you deny yourself, defeat your enemies, discern the will of God, and destroy strongholds, why wouldn’t you give fasting a shot?
By Jack Graham - http://www.jesus.org
The most mysterious and misunderstood of the 12 disciples is Judas Iscariot. His name is synonymous of evil and robbery. Judas ended his life in suicide after he sold out Jesus. But there is more we should consider in this man. I think we wouldn't be able point out Judas. He could seem like to be compassionate to his fellow people. When you remember that woman getting the precious oil to Jesus' feet, Judas wished to sell the oil and give back to poor the money. And may be people around of him could appreciate his words! But not Jesus. JEsus was looking at that woman action. An action of changing attitude. While Judas, in the appearence of being compassionate, was just holding on his eviol thoughs, as John in chapter 12 verse 6 adfirms: "This he said, not that he cared for the poor, but because he was a thief, and had the money box; and he used to take what was put in it". But Judas did what he did because of his greed. He could have changed his course had he chosen to. He certainly was given opportunities. Here is why he betrayed the innocent blood. He did not like to change.
Adapted from “The Traitor's Traitor” by Harvest Ministries
Learn the spiritual protocol of STANDING.
Prophets and prophetic people must first learn to stand before the Lord’s Presence before they can stand against AHAB & jezebel and any other enemy!
“As the Lord, the God of Israel lives, before whom I stand…” (I Kings 17:1).
1. Standing in the ways and old paths of Daddy God (Jeremiah 6:16).
2. To fear not and stand still before the Lord and see His salvation. (Exodus 14:13).
3. Stand upon and in the Rock Christ. (Exodus 33:21).
4. Stand separated to bear the Ark of Glory and minister to Him alone. (Deuteronomy 10:8).
5. Stand to minister in His name. (Deuteronomy 18:5 & 7).
6. Stand in the Awe of God and sin not! (Psalm 4:4).
7. Stand in the Spiritual Gates of the Lord’s House. (Jeremiah 7:2).
8. Stand in the Courts of the Lord’s House (Jeremiah 26:2 & Psalms 92:13).
9. Stand at attention on your feet (Ezekiel 2:1)
10. Stand in the gap through intercessory prayer (Ezekiel 22:30).
11. Stand and execute God’s judgements & keep His laws and statutes. (Ezekiel 44:24)
12. Stand and eat in the strength of the Lord a& in the majesty of His Name. (Micah 5:4).
13. Stand upon your watch and be reproved by the Lord and write the vision. (Habakkuk 2:1).
14. Stand in the Refiner’s fire, the fire of the Holy Spirit. (Malachi 3:2).
15. Stand in Faith and Grace. (Romans 5:2)
16. Stand in the power of God. (1 Corinthians 2:5).
17. Stand strong in the Freedom you have in the Lord Jesus Christ. (Galatians 5;1).
18. Stand and put on the whole armor of God and stand against the wiles of the devil. (Ephesians 6:11-14.).
19. Stand fast in one spirit and with one mind. (Philippians 1:27).
20. Stand fast in the Lord. (Philippians 4:1).
21. Stand holy and completed in all the will of God. (Colossians 4:12).
22. Stand fast to the spiritual traditions that were taught to you by His Word. (2 Thessalonians 2:15).
23. Stand sure that you belong to the Lord. (2 Timothy 2:19).